Thursday, August 28, 2008
Summer Book Trek 2008 - Wrappin' It Up
I really enjoyed the Summer Book Trek. I didn't get everything on my reading list read, but I also read a few books that weren't on my list. I really enjoyed posting my reviews and everyone who stopped by to comment! Here are some questions from LDS Fiction (the host of Summer Book Trek):
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read?
Nine - at least those are the ones I read and reviewed.
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn't participated in this book trek?
Nope. I'm a read-a-holic.
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How?
They didn't influence what I read for the Trek, but I put some more books on my "to-read" list because of reviews from others.
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How?
I don't think I read anything from the Whitney list. Although I did nominate a few books that were eligible for Whitneys after reading them for the Trek.
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How?
About half the books I read were from Virtual Tours I was participating in.
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why?
Well, I really wanted to read more . . . but I had a manuscript to finish - which I did! It's currently in the mail to my editor.
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love?
Yes! Rebecca Cornish Talley for sure! I actually found more authors I wasn't as impressed with and am not sure if I'll read any of their future books.
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards?
9. Would you be interested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer?
Yes! I really enjoyed the Book Trek and would love to participate in another!
Review Disclaimer: Sometimes a book I review has been sent to me for free by a publisher or an author. This in no way effects my review, which is my own opinion about whether the book was a good read for me, fit my tastes, and if I would recommend it to others. Other than possibly a free book, I am not compensated in any way for posting a review.