1 eggplant, peeled, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 zucchini or yellow squash, 1/2" slices
1 tsp. Salt
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 green peppers, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place eggplant and squash slices in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp. salt. Let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil over med heat in a large pan. Saute eggplant and squash, one layer at a time, until lightly browned. Set side each browned section on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and cook the onions and green peppers until tender. (about 10 minutes). Stir in garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the tomatoes and parsley, then all of the squash and eggplant, followed by the remaining tomatoes and parsley. Do not mix the layers.
- Turn down the heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a main dish sprinkled with cheese
- Add grilled sausage or sliced keilbasa
This dish can be frozen and reheated. Enjoy!