Thursday, January 3, 2013
2013 Ultimate Chick Flick Contest
Four years ago, I hosted a movie contest on my blog. But not just any old contest. Oh no! A Chick Flick contest. But wait, there's more . . .
Not only was it a quest to find the ultimate Chick Flick, but my hubby - the chick flick tolerater, the "I'd rather sleep while you watch the movie" guy - was the judge!
Am I brilliant or what?
Hubby and I recently talked about fun past blog posts and contests, and this was one of our faves! So we decided to do it again. We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!
Here are the rules and prizes. Please be sure to read and follow them!
1. No Rated R Movies! G, PG, and PG-13 only.
2. To nominate a movie, please leave a comment on this blog with the title and year the movie came out (for example, if you nominate Sabrina - I need the year to know which movie version you are nominating). Nominations must be received by midnight on Friday, January 11th, 2013. Be sure to add your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win.
3. Each movie nominated must be available at a local movie rental center or Redbox. If we can't find it, we can't watch it. In such case, it will be disqualified.
4. Each person may nominate up to 3 movies.
5. On Monday, January 14th, a poll with all the movie nominations will be posted on Queen of the Clan. This is your chance to vote for the Ultimate Chick Flick. The poll closes on January 19th.
6. The top 3 movie finalists will be announced on Monday, January 21st.
7. After the poll closes, my hubby will watch the top three movies. Then hand down the judgment of which flick was the best and why.
8. The winning Chick Flick will be announced no later than January 31st (possibly earlier depending on how long it takes my hubby to watch the movies).
9. The movie nomination winner(s) will be announced by January 31st (same time as the winning movie is announced), contacted via email and must reply within three days.
The Prize - FIVE Redbox free 1-night rental codes (no expiration dates!)
PLEASE NOTE: I will keep a master list of all the nominations and nominators. If the winning chick flick was nominated by more than one person, the Redbox rental codes will be divied up. For example, if 5 people nominated the same movie, they will each receive 1 free rental code. If there are between 2-4 people who nominate, then I will divide up the rental code amounts at my discretion. If more than five enter, then I will use Random.org to choose 5 winners.
Happy nominating, everyone!
PS - In February, I will host an Action Flick contest with me (the cover-my-eyes-freaked-out-romance-loving-chick) as the judge.
Review Disclaimer: Sometimes a book I review has been sent to me for free by a publisher or an author. This in no way effects my review, which is my own opinion about whether the book was a good read for me, fit my tastes, and if I would recommend it to others. Other than possibly a free book, I am not compensated in any way for posting a review.