Monday, March 31, 2008
The Ultimate Chick Flick Contest
So, this really awesome thing happened last week. I received 3rd place in the Storymakers First Chapter contest. Remember that? Well, as part of my prize, I received a nifty $15 gift card to the Megaplex Theatres. Very fun! But wait - there's just one problem. The only Megaplex Theatres are in Utah. Hmm . . . since we live in Kansas that's a mighty long trip to watch a movie.
Tonight I was thinking, "What am I going to do with this gift card?" And it hit me like a raging migraine - a contest!
But not just any old contest. Oh no! A Chick Flick contest. But wait, there's more . . .
Not only is it a quest to find the ultimate Chick Flick, but my hubby - the chick flick tolerater, the "I'd rather sleep while you watch the movie" guy - is going to be the judge!
Am I brilliant or what?
So, here's the rules. Please be sure to read and follow them!
1. You must live in Utah if you want to use this gift card. Or know someone who lives in Utah you want to give it to.
2. No Rated R Movies! G, PG, and PG-13 only.
3. To nominate a movie, please leave a comment on this blog with the title and year the movie came out (for example, if you wanted to nominate Sabrina - I would need the year to know which movie version you are nominating). Also, each movie nominated must be available at a local movie rental center. If we can't find it, we can't watch it. In such case, it will be disqualified. All nominations must be received by midnight on Saturday, April 12th, 2008.
4. Each person may nominate up to three movies.
5. On April 15th, I will post a poll with all the movie nominations. This is your chance to vote for the ultimate chick flick. (Hello again - my hubby just pointed out this is tax day! Ha!)
6. When the poll closes, my hubby will watch the top three movies. Then hand down the judgment of which flick was the best.
7. The winner will be announced no later than May 1st (possibly earlier depending on how long it takes my hubby to watch the movies). The winner will be contacted via email and must reply within three days. The winning movie & winner's blog id will be announced on this blog. The gift card will be snail mailed to the winner.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event that a chick flick is nominated more than once (hello, I'm totally sure that's going to happen!), I will keep a list of who nominated each movie. If a movie wins that was nominated by more than one person, all of those names will go into a hat & our one year old will choose the winner.
For your information, the Megaplex Theatres are at the following locations - The District, Jordan Commons, The Junction, The Gateway, and Thanksgiving Point.
Happy nominating, everyone!
Review Disclaimer: Sometimes a book I review has been sent to me for free by a publisher or an author. This in no way effects my review, which is my own opinion about whether the book was a good read for me, fit my tastes, and if I would recommend it to others. Other than possibly a free book, I am not compensated in any way for posting a review.