Our theme for this week's family night was Cold and Flu Awareness. We started off the night by singing Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes - led by Rob (8 years old). Then our 13 year old son, Isaac, was in charge of the lesson. He did a fabulous job, too! He shared some good health habit reminders.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for 30 seconds (which is the length of singing the ABC's)
- Wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters and the dining room table with disinfectant wipes.
- Cover your sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm (your elbow)
- Exercise and get plenty of sleep
- Eat good food and drink lots of water
- Don't share your food or drink
- Use hand sanitizer
Isaac then followed up his lesson with two short Sid the Science Kid videos. The younger kids loved them!
We ended the night by playing Wii Tennis and munching on popcorn. It was the perfect theme for the upcoming fall and winter weather.
How do you teach your kids about germs and staying healthy?